The Proposal Specialist prepares and edits material for inclusion in qualification and proposal submissions. Develops relevant materials for The Eurovia BC Group of Companies. These include brochures on all facets of the company’s activities, plus specialized initiatives at the direction of senior management. The Proposal Specialist also assists with other admin duties in support of the Procurement Group including project filing, minutes.
Key Tasks and Accountability
- Assist the proposal team in coordinating the proposal development – review documents, determine proposal requirements, develop matrix to delegate tasks and provide deadlines to the team (schedule kick-off/first draft review/final review meetings). Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to collaborate, coordinate, and prepare submission documents.
- Technical Content: Research information for building boilerplate content. Interview subject matter experts to support the proposal requirements and provide innovative ideas/value-added benefits for the submission, all while keeping with the proposal strategy.
- Technical Writing: Use your proven technical writing skills to provide the team with well-written, persuasive, relevant and accurate technical content.
- Corporate Documentation: Assist the Proposal team with development and maintenance of corporate resume pool and project sheets for proposal submissions.
- Document Control: downloading proposal files from various software/web portals, managing portal passwords and organizational structure and maintenance of our company internal file structure.
- Branding Guidelines: Ensure all documents adhere to the corporate guidelines and select appropriate graphics/photos to support proposal content
- Time Management: Strong time management skills with the ability to deal in a high-pressure environment to ensure that production and delivery of the proposals is done on-time as set out by the client’s schedule.
- 2-5 years’ proposal writing experience in the civil infrastructure industry.
- 2+ years' of technical or business writing experience.
- University or College Diploma in Technical Writing, or a combination of education and industry experience.
- Well-developed English language written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Teams), Adobe Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop)
- Strong experience producing proposals and technical reports in construction or engineering.
- A proven track record of team collaboration and a passion for building relationships.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Solid research skills and ability to validate details to meet key project requirements
Well-developed understanding of print technologies (offset printing) and impact on quality of printed documents.
Diploma or relevant courses in graphic design
Post-secondary Degree/Diploma in communication related field.
Training in InDesign, desktop publishing software
Training in use of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator
Adherence to company health and safety policy in the office workplace. The Proposal Specialist has limited exposure to project sites.
Additional Comments on the Role / Company
The Proposal Specialist is comfortable with multitasking and assisting senior management and other members of the Procurement team with rapid turnaround requests for support where required.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org along with salary expectations. No phone calls please. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.