The position requires the HSE Advisor (Health Safety & Environment) to have experience in the construction industry and preferably in road and bridge construction. The successful applicant will be a self-motivated individual with the desire and ability to ensure compliance with all the HSE requirements applicable to the business while maintaining a professional demeanor on the worksite.
Duties & Essential Job Functions
The successful candidate’s duties and responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to the following:
- Review, implement, maintain, and improve the Health, Safety and Environmental Management Systems, including maintenance of the ISO45001:2018 (Health and Safety), ISO14001:2015 (Environment), ISO9001:2015 (Business Management) and COR certification.
- Support and provide guidance to worker representatives, supervisors, managers and external agencies.
- Train and educate employees in company safe work practices and procedures.
- Conduct safety inspections, audits, site orientations and weekly safety meetings.
- Coordinate and conduct incident investigations, including root cause analysis and required reports.
- Develop site specific safety plans including safety orientations, safe work procedures and programs.
- Coordinate and administer the return/stay at work program for injured workers.
- Maintain ongoing compliance with current OH&S legislation and codes of practice.
- Liaise with a range of functional groups and individuals both internal and external to the company.
- Schedule & conduct company JOSH committee meetings.
- Compile metrics for reporting and completed data analysis.
- Develop presentations and present at departmental meetings.
- Maintain proper recordkeeping and confidentiality practices.
Qualifications & Experience
- OHS Diploma or equivalent
- Current CSO certification
- 5+ years of experience with implementing Health & Safety programs in the construction industry or relevant field
- Ability to maintain independent thought and objective pursuit of facts while safeguarding the confidentiality of reports and investigation details as needed.
- Excellent writing and computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and facilitator skills
- High level of physical fitness and ability to work well under pressure
- Knowledge of current legal and technological developments
- COR Auditor certification
- Fit tester certification
At BA Blacktop you will enjoy competitive compensation, an innovative and forward moving work environment, a full range of benefits (ie. Company vehicle, group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program etc.)
To apply now, please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.