As part of the overall organization of the Company and under the authority of the Vice-President of Operations, the Equipment Manager manages, at the lowest cost and with greater efficiency, the equipment and the assets of the overall Company.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist and advise Operations/Production Managers, Vice-Presidents and President in preparing equipment investments and divestments.
- Analyses and establishes requests for equipment investment (including the five-year projection plan), and the annual and multiannual divestment plan in conjunction with the Operations/Production Managers and Vice-Presidents and the support of the Canada Equipment Director.
- Develop the General Investment Plan (PGI), and prioritize investments with the Vice-Presidents and the Canadian Equipment Director.
- Depending on the investments granted, prepares and studies the technical and financial reviews of the investments within the Eurovia procurement policy.
- Ensure the permanence of the investments and proposes purchases applications drafted and signed to the President for validation and settlement of orders.
- Ensure compliance of each order in delay and services, in conjunction with the Shop Foreman.
- Prepare vehicle leases and propose purchase requests in writing to the President for validation and settlement of orders.
- Prepare estimates for asphalt plant(s) equipment and parts in conjunction with the Production Manager.
Monitor and supervise the maintenance of all equipment in order to have the most efficient equipment possible at the lowest cost.
- In collaboration with the Shop Foreman, prepare maintenance and repair budgets for all equipment and present to the Operation/Production Managers and Vice-Presidents.
- Finalize the detailed budgets for all equipment (including depreciation and leases, maintenance, repairs, insurance, taxes), for review by each Management Unit.
- Track and update variations in these budgets (analytical breakdown by equipment) throughout the year.
- Set cost approval thresholds with / for Shop Foreman.
- Validate technical solutions proposed by the Shop Foreman for non-routine or general mechanical interventions.
- As required, develop detailed orders for non-routine or general mechanical interventions.
- Determine priority maintanance/repair costs in collaboration with the Vice-Presidents.
- Review and sign all equipment/shop invoices.
- As part of the National Purchasing Policy, set-up and ensure purchase conditions are set for tires, wear parts, consumables, lubricants.
- Resolve disputes with suppliers.
- Ensure proper implementation of Company branding (graphic charter, ...).
- Establishes lubrication and maintenance plans and monitor their implementation by the Shop Foreman.
- Set-up information and control systems to monitor equipment, and control their consistent application:
- IT Management of the Workshop
- Quality Management
- Maintenance Logs
- Oil Analysis
- Evaluate and provide training for Shop Foreman and Technicians.
- Oversee and train team members on information/accounting systems (Kheops).
Assist, advise and inform Operations Managers, Vice-Presidents and President on technical matters, and maintain consistent communication with Canadian Equipment Director and Shop Foreman:
- Disseminate and implement the Company Equipment Management General Policy.
- Inform Operation/Production Managers, Vice-Presidents and President of innovations and technical developments (in conjunction with the Canadian Equipment Director).
- Participate in the design, implementation, and technical dissemination of innovative techniques and processes including those applied to existing equipment.
- Collaborate with the Shop Foreman for the receipt and commissioning of new or special equipment.
- Inform the Canadian Equipment Director and the Shop Foreman of user-experience feedback regarding equipment and their applications.
- Monitor environmental compliance of the workshop.
Enforce all administrative procedures established by the Canadian Equipment Director, or by legislation, to meet all legal requirements and regulations as well as the rules of the Company:
- Prepare and validate purchase order requests.
- Under the direction of the Canadian Equipment Director, negotiate equipment sales and ensure all associated documents are provided to the Controller.
- Prepare administrative / management procedure documents in a timely manner:
- Reception (Kheops)
- Commissioning sheet and set-up in Kheops
- Transfer sheet and transfer sale
- Radiation sheet
- Verify accuracy of administrative documents and the associated updates.
- Manage the physical and accounting inventory of all assets.
- Establish the standard rates for technicians and operation expenses of the workshop and ensures their accuracy.
- Enforce regulatory controls and inspections:
- CVIP (Commercial Vehicle Inspection)
- Periodic inspection (lifting chains, compressed air, electricity, back-flow preventers, fire extinguishers...)
- Ensure equipment compliance with quality management system and procedures.
Organize the equipment workshop in order to optimize human and material resources
- Lead, train and supervise the Shop Foreman in his role and responsibilities.
- Recruit and train the shop technicians as per the company standards and the Union Agreement for HET.
- Establish a succession plan within the equipment department.
- Ensure all shop personnel are paid per the Union Agreement.
- Update pay rates as required per the Union Agreement.
- Maintain a log of personnel qualifications and tickets.
- Ensure compliance with WorkSafeBC regulations and company Health & Safety Manual and Procedures.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of 3 years administrative, management and budgeting experience
- Heavy Equipment Technician experience
- 5 years experience as a Fleet Manager or relevant work experience
- Ability to prioritize, plan, and organize with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to produce results independently
- Excellent written verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of PC operation and standard business software (MS Office, Email, Adobe)
- Construction equipment knowledge
Job Type: Full-time
Competitive Wage and Benefits Package.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.